Oliver + S

Beautiful Fabric

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    BeckyinFL @BeckyinFL

I sew primarily with quilting fabrics because that is what I have. There are also more quilt shops than fabric shops near me. Usually I have to be careful choosing fabric for garments because quilting cottons are sometimes too stiff or coarse. Last week, though, I was in my local quilt shop and came upon one with a beautiful hand and drape. It is Kaffe Fassett’s Ferns in periwinkle. Oh my, this feels good! I didn’t check out any of the the others, but I bought this instantly since it spoke “Garden Party” to me. Here’s a progress pic. Oh, and it didn’t wrinkle much after being pre-washed, either.

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by BeckyinFL.
    • This topic was modified 8 years ago by BeckyinFL.
    LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

That blue is gorgeous!

If any of your local shops carry Art Gallery cottons, they are beautiful too and so nice to work with. They are made with Pima cotton and have worked well with all the garments I have made from them.

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

I’ve sewn with both Kaffe Fassett and Art Gallery cottons and they are both lovely!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Oh, that’s elegant.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

The Kaffe Fassett shot cottons make lovely play shirts. They only need the lightest of ironing once made up.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I’m going to hear Kaffe Fassett give a talk on Thursday night, very excited! The feel of his cottons is lovely.

LINK
    BeckyinFL @BeckyinFL

I have never heard of Art Gallery cottons. I’ll watch out for them. Dubhels200, have fun!

The finished Garden Party dress is now posted in the Flickr group.

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

That blue is gorgeous! Your profile pic looks like we are neighbors!

LINK
    BeckyinFL @BeckyinFL

mcholley1, the picture is of Manatee Springs, in Chiefland, Florida. It’s pretty near where I live. (Rainbow Springs in Dunnellon is a little nearer, and that is where I usually go to swim.) Are you nearby?

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

Yep, High Springs. We make it to Manatee Springs several times a year. Do you ever hit up that quilt shop in Trenton?

LINK
    BeckyinFL @BeckyinFL

Oh yeah. That’s where I got this fabric!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.