Oliver + S

Bear Carrier – Velcro Placement

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    sarahd2711 @sarahd2711

I am making a bear carrier for a Christmas gift and it’s a little hard to visaulize how it goes together without trying it on the child.

Should the soft velcro peices go on the same side of the straps as the buttons (the carrier’s lining side of the straps) or the other side?

Thanks for any help!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Hi everyone,

I need some help with the placement of the velcor on the long ends of the straps of the bear carrier. I have mad a number of these for a local Salvation Army Church fete (fair), but I don’t have any children around to measure the length of the straps. I was wondering if anyone who has made one could let me know the distance betwen the base of the carrier (where the straps start) and how far along the straps you put the soft part of the velcro (or equivelent). I am planning on making them multi sized (i’m using snaps not buttons and valcro), if you could let me know about how old the child was that would be wonderful. Once i’ve got a couple of numbers I imagine I can guesstimate the rest.

This was a great scrap busting project.

Thanks in advance

p.s. If I haven’t made things clear let me know.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I went and measured the one I made. I placed the first velcro 8 1/2 inches from the end of the strap (not where it attaches to the carrier) and the second 12 inches from the end. My carrier is for my 4 and 7 year old daughters. Hope that helps!

Cindy

LINK

Thanks for help and the prompt reply Cindy.

Heidi

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Heidi,what a kind and generous soul you are!

I must admit I can’t measure my daughters as it is MIA,however,I was given the great tip of crossing the shoulders straps as my Matilda is such a mini moo it falls off her shoulders.

If I was sewing for a trading table,I would add the fluffy side of the velcro to the straps at regular increments to make it adjustable.

LINK

Thanks Nicole,

I am planning to add press studs at regular intervals (as I have a snap press which makes it really fast to add) for size adjustment, but needed a idea of where to start.

How/where have you crossed Matilda’s over, as the pattern already calls for it to cross over on the back?

thanks Heidi

P.S. I really like the new trench coat you made.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Does it really? I thought it went over the shoulders-how embarrassing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/6854993321/in/set-72157628523956955 here it is crossed over.

I will make the biggies hunt it out this arvo and check the spacing for you.

(and thank you,I have nearly finished it)!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I don’t have one in front of me, but I’m doing some hand waving , a bit like a Tai Chi manouever, to remind myself how it goes and the answer I’ve come up with is YES. Soft velcro on the same side of the strap as the button. Have fun with it.

LINK
    sarahd2711 @sarahd2711

That was my instinct. It’s nice to have it confirmed by someone else, though!

I finished it up last night and I think it will be a hit at Christmas 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.