Oliver + S

Band-collar version

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Steven @ischyrus

I’ve made two shirts for myself using this pattern! I love it!

Now, I was wondering if you would be able to make a version or be able to help me out with making a pattern that has a band-collar rather than the traditional collar. Kind of like what is seen here (http://www.hm.com/us/product/97219?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxaKqtOSy2wIVUVuGCh3evg65EAQYAyABEgInYfD_BwE&article=97219-A&s_kwcid=AL!860!3!200226268316!!!g!362029188687!&ef_id=WnzpowAAAJBJZyKh:20180601153124:s)

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by Steven.
    LINK
    Sabrina B. @sbmeist

The book Sewing for Boys by Shelly Figueroa has a shirt with a collar like this, but there is no front placket, only a front seam (and it is for boys, not grown ups). I think it is a classy look. But finding another pattern with this element may be a good place for you to start in adapting your current shirt pattern. Good luck! Sabrina

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hi @ischyrus Steven. I wonder if it would be as simple as sewing the collar stand without the collar.
    That may give more of a Mandarin collar look rather than the image you’ve shown.
    That image has the collar band lying very flat and almost looks like the neckline is finished with a bias.
    If you use scraps (just cut a neckline and shoulders) you could try these three ideas: collar stand on its own, collar stand with reduced height, bias finishing of the raw neckline.
    See what works. I’m curious now, so be sure to keep us informed of what you do.
    Shelley

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.