Oliver + S

ban-rol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Sandra Young @sandy

I am trying to locate ban-rol to do a narrow hem on chiffon. Does anyone know where to get it??? Thanks!

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

I’m not sure if this will be the right width, but Amazon has it. If this is too wide, you could check there for other widths.

LINK
    Sandra Young @sandy

Thanks Todd,
    I saw this on Amazon but didn’t think it was the right stuff since it said it had PA glue (whatever that is) on one side. I’ve never used ban-rol before but the tutorial didn’t say anything about glue.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I don’t know what PA glue is either. Ban-Rol is really designed for dressy men’s trousers, and it makes the waistband very stiff. So maybe the glue serves to secure the Ban-Rol to the fabric? You might want to find out. But the exact width of the stuff isn’t so important since you’ll pull threads to determine how wide your hem will be. Good luck! I’m quite certain you can still buy it at Steinlauf and Stoller or at Pacific Trimming in NYC if you can’t find it elsewhere.

LINK
    Sandy @Sandrinna

Hi Sandra,
    You can get it at wawak dot com, as well.
    Regards,
    Sandy

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Sandy.
    LINK
    Sandra Young @sandy

Thanks All!!! You’ve been a great help.
    I finally ordered it from Wawak and can’t wait to try it on a chiffon hem. I never seem to do them well and am looking forward to finally accomplishing that!
    Sandy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.