Oliver + S

Are the pants measured waist and back of pattern measurment different?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Tamara and I have found that the measured extended length of the field trip pants do not match the info on the back of the packet.

I wrote a whole entry but lost it as my computers playing sillies. But I did find that the measurements of the shorts I made from the field trip had almost the same back of pattern measurements as the sandbox pants.

I’ve partly reposed my entry from “what are you sewing now”

Anyone else come across this?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Just out of interest Heidi, what size did you make?

LINK

I made the size 6, so also from the larger pattern. I’m hoping to make a size 12 next and then maybe a size 2 or 3.

I am using the paper pattern, I noted that you mentioned in the other forum you used the digital pattern.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes that is correct, even though I do have the paper pattern also – the digital was at arms reach! It’s interesting to find this out actually. i wonder if you will come across it again for the smaller sizes.

LINK

I’m wondering if the measurements for the t-shirt and waist were revered as the chest measurement was almost exactly what I got for the extened waist measurement.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Actually you could be on to something there… Good point!

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

Interesting! I think this might be true with the smaller sizes, too– measurement for 12-18m pants waist is much smaller than finished garment measurement on the instruction sheet. Note that the pants fit perfectly– I went off the body measurements, not garment measurements.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.