Oliver + S

anyone want to try something?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I had a brainstorm early this morning. If anyone is planning to make the Sailboat Pants or Skirt for a little girl in the near future and wants to try adding a ruffle to the center panel like this sketch, send me few photos while you’re making it and I’ll do a blog post, giving you credit. I think it would be really cute!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh, me ,me , I love it and perhaps I could make a tiny one for a mouse?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I know where I could find plenty of rats if you’d like to make one that’s slightly larger…

I’m thinking you might want the ruffle to be wider than 3″ at the top before it’s folded, too. Maybe 3 1/2″-4″, so you end up with a ruffle that’s about 1 1/2″ when it’s finished? Play with it and see what you think. I may have to try it, too, although my sewing want-to-make list is already sky-high.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks for the tip, taking the Twins to the City tomorrow for their Netball wind up, they are going ice skating for the first time ,so will not get a chance then.

I have a few pairs cut out for farm pants for little one so I will try with them, cute idea !

I could tell a great story about the day I found a rat in my toaster…. maybe not

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

Too funny, you two – I actually thought of the rats (and our conversation about your walking home one day) when I read that post. SO funny!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

Oh, damn. I *just* sewed up the front panel on my girl’s Sailboat pants. Top stitched and everything.

Ah well, next time maybe.

LINK
    mela @mela

I LOVE IT! I am going to try this, I was looking for my next project to start. I’ll cut it out tonight. I love ruffles!

LINK
    Anonymous @

What a fantastic idea! I have sailboat pants on the list/fabric pile for my daughter. I probably won’t get to them for awhile, but I’d love to try this – keep us posted because I’d love to see how they come out. Nicole, you must have 5 minutes or so when you could whip these up for us. LOL

LINK
    Anonymous @

Oh – and please don’t have a dead anything modeling them for us. He he he

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Lovely Mela , don’t forget to take photo’s . I won’t get to it for a day or so, a huge basket of ironing is calling my name, and strangely , most of it O+S !

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

( Spoilsport Sandi ! )

LINK
    mela @mela

Done! Thank you Liesl! I love the addition to the sailboat skirt! Pictures are taken, all that’s needed is finishing the elastic to size and stitching the hem. It’s great! Now the challenge, to try to get into my Flikr account I used once about 5 years ago. eesh. That might take longer to figure out than it took me to line up the buttons! 🙂 But once I get back in I can also share the Swingset Tunic (my absolute favorite and most-used pattern)I turned into a ruffled dress for my daughter’s first birthday! Thank you again!

LINK
    nightknitter @nightknitter

How lovely. I’ll give it try!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I can’t wait to see! You can also email them to information@oliverands.com if that’s easier.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.