Oliver + S

amazing zipper tutorial!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    rachel @rachel

Liesl,

I just have to say that your zipper instructions on the School Photo Dress are AMAZING. I’ve had the hardest time with invisible zippers and have never been able to get them to be invisible and they always pucker at the bottom. The zipper on this dress went in seamlessly (no pun intended!) and looks gorgeous. Completely professional. I couldn’t be happier. I’ll link to pics when I’m done with the dress .

Thank you! I would recommend for others to buy this pattern for this zipper tutorial alone. Absolutely outstanding! Thank you!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Wow, so glad to know this Rachel! I used a coupon a while back to get the invisible zipper foot for my Bernina (gosh, those things are expensive!). It’ll be a Christmas gift, along with the pattern, from Husband. I admit that despite my excitement for the pattern, I’ve been nervous about the zipper!

LINK
    rachel @rachel

i did it with a regular zipper foot and it still turned out beautifully. i own an invisible zipper foot, but have trouble with it. but my machine is a lower end Brother so that is probably why. trust me, you will be amazed with this tutorial. i was ready to swear off invisible zippers for good before this! LOL! i know you are going to be so happy with the results.

LINK
    janimal @janimal

My husband bought me this pattern for Hanukkah! I haven’t tackled a 3 scissors garment before though, so I feel a bit intimidated. I’ve installed one invisible zipper EVER. That was following instructions from the book “Sew Serendipity” for a skirt.

Any tips and tricks for this pattern?

LINK
    rachel @rachel

just follow Liesl’s instructions and you will be golden! 🙂

LINK
    rachel @rachel

ps here’s the link showing my zipper using Liesl’s instructions vs the previous zippers i’ve put in using other instructions. :/

http://ourtaiwaneseadoption.blogspot.com/2010/11/oliver-s-school-photo-dress.html

LINK
    janimal @janimal

Rachel – your dress (and zipper) looks great! I can’t decide what fabric to use. I know this dress will be time consuming so I know I need fabric I love because I’ll spend so much time with it!

LINK
    rachel @rachel

great idea! the dress does take a long time, IMO. just be sure to finish all the seams. i learned that one the hard way. haha!

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

WOW – I just finished putting this zipper in – it really is invisible. Anyone who comes into the house I challenge to try and see my invisible zipper!!! I have never done an invisible zip before and the only other zip I have put in was about 2 weeks ago and I really stuffed it up. There are no tricks to this – you just do exactly what you are told – no short cuts – it turns out absolutely perfect. You can’t tell the difference between the zip and the other seams.

By the way – this pattern is not at all “hard”, just time consuming. If you can follow the O & S instructions on any other pattern you can do this one.

LINK
    Anonymous @

I’ve had this pattern sitting for awhile. I really need to make one!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Very glad to hear that you’re all happy with the instructions and the dress. Thanks for letting me know!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I cut out fabric last night to make this dress and I’m sort of excited to get started (dorky). I think it will be a challenge for me.

Isabel is asking me daily if I have started the dress yet. I think she’s a bit jealous of the dresses I’ve made her sister and wants me to get going.

So excited!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.