Oliver + S

Altering the Everyday skirt with the Building Block Dress book

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Buratti @Buratti

Hello!

I have made the Everyday skirt twice and I love it. Inspired by the Building Block Dress book, I would like to try a few alterations. Has anyone tried the following or have any advice, please:
    1. Deeper waistband- I like a wide waistband. Would the skirt still work with an extra half inch or extra inch added to the waistband? Am assuming I would need to add length to the back panel and the waistband piece, right? Has anyone tried this?
    2. Hem facing- following the instructions on p128 of the book, has anyone tried a hem facing? I would like a contrasting hem. Would I draft it from half of the front panel, one side panel and half of the back?
    3. Patch pockets- I love the pockets but I fancied large simple patch pockets as in p94 from the book instead. Has anyone tried this?
    Thank you!
    Liz

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

All of these are very do-able! I think you’ve got the gist of it, for sure. I hope you’ll show us when you’re done!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.