Oliver + S

Altering School Days Jacket Sleeves for Boys

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    rachel @rachel

i just made the school days jacket for my son, after already making one for my daughter. it was a *dream* to sew, but i found the sleeves were a little too flared for a boy. my husband and i thought it made the jacket look a little too feminine. (just our opinion of course and we LOVED it on our daughter). so i altered the sleeves to make them more tapered. i am SO happy with how it turned out. since i just read that Liesl is okay with altering patterns 🙂 i thought i’d link to my blog which discusses how to do it, in case others felt this way as well. 🙂

http://ourtaiwaneseadoption.blogspot.com/2010/10/jacket-for-jude.html

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Rachel, the sleeves aren’t actually flared. They’re a straight sleeve, which is designed to accommodate sweaters and other bulky items that might be worn under the jacket/coat. I’m glad you were able to adjust them to fit your preferences. The coat looks great!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.