Oliver + S

Altering Question for Music Box Jumper

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    MyBellaGirl @MyBellaGirl

I purchased the size 5-12 pattern, but really my 5 YO daughter is a 4 in every way but the length. Any tips on making the size 5 a little smaller to accommodate a tall, thin girl? I haven’t really messed with altering until now and am a little intimidated.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Unfortunately, it’s always easier to lengthen a pattern than to make more narrow. Will she be wearing it with shirts and blouses underneath? If so, you could probably still make the size 5, since the extra width won’t be as noticeable. S is still measuring a size 3, but she’s a tall 5. So I just lengthened a size 4 and it’s a little wide but not ridiculous.

LINK
    MyBellaGirl @MyBellaGirl

Liesl,

She will be wearing a shirt under as part of her school uniform so maybe it won’t be too bad. I made a size 5 ice cream shirt and it was a little big but not horrible. I wanted to get lots of use out of the pattern, so I opted for the 5-12 pattern 🙂 Thank for your help. I can’t wait to get the pattern in the mail!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.