Oliver + S

All day shirt pattern

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Nancy @nancys

I have two questions aboutthe all day shirt.
    1) Re the front placket, is the view A cut-on placket easier than the view b set-in placket and why would you want one over the other?
    2) my husband just wants a plain collar (not button down and not with pockets for stays. Is there any reason you can’t just make it with just the plain collar?
    Thank you.

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

For your first question, I think the cut-on placket is a little easier than the set-in placket, although neither is really difficult. I think the main difference is that the cut-on placket is more formal-looking, and the set-in placket is more casual/matches the option for extra topstitching lines. For the 2nd, although I haven’t made this shirt (I’ve made the classic shirt, though), I think you could just make the View B collar and NOT cut the buttonholes, and that would give you a plain collar.

LINK
    Nancy @nancys

Thank you. I ended up making the view b and it came out well despite some missteps along the way. I erred on the side of caution since it was my first time making it but next time I want to try some of the contrasting fabric options for a more creative approach.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.