Oliver + S

After school shirt in knit?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I am loven the new patterns! I was looking at the after school shirt and was wondering if it could be done in a knit fabric? I think it look nice and be wonderfully comfy but not sure if it would turn out. I haven’t sewn very much with knits fabrics. Any thoguhts?

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I think it can be done, but you may want to interface the entire underside of the yoke to make sure that the neckline wouldn’t stretch. I’m trying to remember (without my directions in front of me) if you stay stitch the neckline, and if it doesn’t recommend that, you may want to sew a teeny-tiny hair’s distance away from the original seam (into the seam allowance) to prevent it from stretching out.

You’ll also want to add interfacing to the front and back panels (like in the Hopscotch Shirt) where it joins to the yoke, and to the shoulder seams, so they don’t stretch out.

Good Luck, stick a picture up if you make it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.