Oliver + S

Adjustment advice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Gauri @Gauri

Hello,
    I need some advice on adjusting the Cinema dress please.
    How can I lengthen or shorten the yoke?
    Also, the skirt is too full for my size and shape, how can I take it in?
    It’s winter here, I am thinking about making the dress in a mid-weight wool. What are your thoughts on this?
    With warm regards,
    Gauri

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hi, when I shortened the yoke on mine, I removed one inch from the bottom edge of the yoke, and raised the center skirt by a corresponding one inch. To remove fullness I would narrow the center skirt by moving the pattern piece past the fold, so the left and right edges were the same, but there was less width. I’m not sure if that’s the kind of fullness you mean.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I think this dress would be lovely in wool, but bear in mind that it is unlined, for one, and a long full dress, too. You’d want to select your wool carefully to be sure it felt nice against your skin, and the dress didn’t feel too heavy or stiff.

LINK
    Gauri @Gauri

Thank you Sarvi for your simple and excellent advice! I shall let you know how I get on.
    Gauri

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Excellent advice, @sarvi. I’ve been wanting to make the dress in wool as well, @gauri. Can’t wait to see how yours turns out!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.