Oliver + S

Adding corded piping for Sailboat Pants–At what step?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    purlknitpurl @purlknitpurl

Hello Oliver and S’ers!

I would love to add piping to a la Gail’s extremely beautiful elephant sailboat pants showcased on her lovely blog Probably Actually: http://probablyactually.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/elephant-pants/

I am confused, though, as to what step I should add the corded piping and to which part ? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I sew my piping on before I sew the facing onto the front panel. I baste it the piping on the front pannel then sew the facing onto the front pannel by following the stitch line from the piping that is there from the basting. I also use my zipper foot for my sewing machine to stitch the piping on. I hope this helps!

~Sharon~

LINK
    purlknitpurl @purlknitpurl

Thanks so much, Sharon! By the way, if I have an invisible zipper presser foot, should I use that over just zipper ( ie should I get as close as possible) or is just zipper fine? Thanks!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I would use a regular zipper foot, unless you have a cording foot. The invisible zipper foot openings will proably be much too small for your piping, However a good invisible zipper foot is invaluable for adding amazing looking invisible zippers. Good luck

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I too use just a regular zipper foot. It works great! Can’t wait to see what you make!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Yep. Regular zipper foot. I add mine before the facing as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.