Oliver + S

5 Thread Overlocker/Sergers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Who uses these? Can you recommend a good quality model?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Jed purchased me a very expensive Bernina that was also a cover stitch. It was nice but no better then my second hand Husqvarna (sp)?

I have since bought a semi industrial overlocker that will do a row of straight stitch and then an overlocked edge, that was half the price of the Bernina!

My Bernina is now set as a cover stitch only. Which makes me a bit ill as I could have purchased a semi industrial cover stitch machine for less.

Long story but my point is, what are you looking for in the machine?

(I do realise not everyone has the space for big machines.)

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I need to look it up again. Basically I want a 5 thread safety stitch (which I think might be what you are refering to) and a cover stitch.

My friend is in search of one….she wants to make cloth diapers and service the ones she uses. So it doesn’t need to be fancy and computerized, but it does need to be durable and good for clothing etc.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

This is the one Jed purchased for me http://www.bernina.com/en-US/Products-us/BERNINA-products-us/BERNINA-Serger-Overlocker-en/BERNINA-1300MDC-us

It sits on the table, superfluous, except for hemming the odd tee. It is a lovely machine but doesn’t like bulk.

This is what I use now http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/INDUSTRIAL-JUKI-2516-3-5-THREAD-OVER-LOCKER-SEWING-MACHINE-LOT-CHI01-/271184428834?pt=AU_Sewing&hash=item3f23d9ff22&_uhb=1 and it is AWESOME!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

The Juki looks like the one we had at high school! The Bernina is pretty special! My little Janome doesn’t like bulk a lot of the times either – they do seem to be touchy.

Sorry I can’t be of help my overlocker/ serger is a four thread so doesn’t have coverstitch – I have a coverstitch to meets those needs.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Thanks Ladies! I’ll pass this info on to my friend!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.