Oliver + S

2t vs 18-24 m??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    sosew @sosew

I know in commercial clothes often 2t is made to fit without a diaper, does anyone know if this is the case for these as well?

My guys are 21 months and in the smaller side but I’d like to make something that will fit them all summer.

One can just barely squeeze into the 12-18m I made but it’s really too short in the rear rise (it kind of works with a onezie but not really).

I guess my question is will the 2t be smaller in the bum than the 24 month because its made to fit without a diaper or will it be bigger because its a bigger size?

Thanks!

LINK
    sosew @sosew

Oh but they do need the diaper room still (disposable not cloth) nowhere near potty trained 🙂

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

The 2T is bigger in the rise verse the 18-24m size. What I like to do is make the next size up and use the button hole elastic so it fits longer. I hope this helps!

~Sharon~

LINK
    sosew @sosew

Thank you!!

The button hole elastic is genius!! Do you buy it somewhere or make your own?

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Hancock’s fabric store has it, I have thought of making my own but I think it might be a pain.

LINK
    coming-up-roses @coming-up-roses

Katy from No Big Dill posted a great tutorial a while ago on how to make your own in case you are interested:

http://www.nobigdill.com/2012/07/diy-buttonhole-elastic.html

I have some still but if one runs out this sounds really easy!

xx m

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I think he rise has been discussed for the sailboat pants in the past, with tips on how to adjust the rise. Let me go see if I can dig it up.

Haha! It was discussed on the Flickr group before the forum was created. Here is a link: http://www.flickr.com/groups/oliverands/discuss/72157623779035181/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.