Oliver + S

2+2 top without buttons at back

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    cherry @cherry

Is it possible to make the 2+2 top without the buttons at the back and still have it fit over the head? I want to make a top for my son, and I know how I want it to look, and it won’t work with the back buttons, but there is not much point making it if he can’t get it on! He is 3 btw.

Can someone do me a favour and check for me? THANKS!!!

Cherry

LINK
    icicle @icicle

Yep, I did mine this way and there was no problem getting it over my 4 year old’s big head. I think I put the back piece on the fold where the bottom ‘notch’ began.

LINK
    cherry @cherry

Thankyou!! This is my project for tomorrow then. I have made things that barely fit over his head before, so I didn’t want to make that mistake again!

LINK
    icicle @icicle

I recommend trying it on him before you finish the front ‘vee’ with the bias tape — if I remember correctly, I think it’s possible to lengthen that if necessary.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If you taper the front down that will give you more head room, or sew a larger seam allowance all the way around. I was going to make this without the button back but it would not go over my girls head unbuttoned.

LINK
    cherry @cherry

Good plan… I will make sure to test it before binding the neckline. I’ll let you know how I go!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I was just reading the instructions and I’m considering trying elastic for the gathers on the front to make some ease for skipping the buttons. I want easy play clothes and don’t want to fuss with buttons.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.