Oliver + S

2 questions about Red Riding Hood Cape – Reversible? Sizing for toddler?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • LINK
    msuarez919 @msuarez919

Sorry to chime in so late but I’m in the same boat as KellyNYC… if I proportionately scale down the pattern, will I get more of a 2T sized cape? Or should I scale down in certain areas and leave others as is? Any help is appreciated, I can’t wait to get started!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m not sure what you mean by “proportionately scale down the pattern.” Do you mean shrink it on a copier? If so, I don’t think it will fit because the neck, hood, etc. will all shrink at the same time as the overall scale.

If you really want to make it for a smaller size, I would suggest just shortening the smallest size a bit. You might want to more the arm openings up a bit, but I wouldn’t recommend changing the pattern too much beyond that unless you have experience with grading, etc.

Hope that helps!

LINK
    msuarez919 @msuarez919

Thanks so much! I had just planned to draw a line approximately an inch below the medium sizing around the whole pattern 🙂 Your method sounds much easier… I think shortening the hem and raising the armholes will work beautifully 🙂 Thanks so much for your help!

LINK
    totterwalker @totterwalker

@msuarez919 How did it work out? I’m thinking of doing the same for my daughter…

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Thanks for the tips about the rainproofing tape as i was thinking about how to make a proper water proof Trench. (Along with 50 million other ideas!)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.