Oliver + S

2 + 2 Back Closing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Nicola @Nicola

Hi,

I am about to experiment with the 2+2 top for my little boy – summer beach cover up is the look I am going for, otherwise it will be going to his girl cousins!

My question is around the button up back closing – can I get away without putting this in? Is the front opening large enough to get over the head without unbuttoning the back? I am planning on just placing the center back on the fold.

Thanks in advance.

Nicola

LINK
    sews4kla @sews4kla

That’s a great idea, but I think you still have to take into acount about 1 inch in over lap for the buttons/button hole area. You could still place the back centerline on the fold but add an inverted pleat at the center back or take the over lap out of the pattern piece. If you use the pleat method you can try it on before you bind the neckline and adjust the fit.

I tried the 2 + 2 (pinned up in the back) on my little girl and it fit over her head quite well.

I like the look of the buttons but this is a good idea if you don’t feel like making button holes or want even faster construction.

hope that helps,

Khristal

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.