Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,866 through 5,880 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

i am sewing up a sample for 40 little aprons for the dance recital first weekend of May, which is also dd’s First Communion… I hope to get those out of the way so I can focus on her dress, which will be a Fairytale with a long circle skirt out of silk dupioni with long sheer chiffon sleeves (I think the 2+2 sleeve), and a jacket or capelet (either the Sunday Brunch or down-sized from LTTS) made from lace left over from my wedding dress. Just typing it out makes me feel daunted.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I am sure your a perfectly calable of sewing those aprons in no time Reeni. But the communion dress sounds beautiful. It is something I am thinking about and making plans for as my eldest daughter will have her comfirmation day in November next year (she has only just started classes). So I am i terested to see what you do for your daughter’s special occasion.

I have managed to scrap out three Jalie raglan tshirts in a size “v” (9) for Imogen and four little 12-18 month size field trip raglans for Chloë. Let me just say there isn’t much to go by with my knit stash of solids now and I will seriously need to look at restocking as my poor son is likely to have very little made for himself if I don’t. Thankfully all the pink is either used or not big enough for his sizing as he is not the kind of boy who will go near this colour. He may have to have brown yet!

The plan is to sew some of them tomorrow, either making a start on all or finishing just one or two. I have a dress of mine to sew also and because it has a knit bodice, I was waiting for the shirts to be cut so that I could sew some of them at the same time.

One thing I do need to do is make some nighties for the baby as her bodysuits are just too small and they are looking ridiculous with the big open necks that this rtw style seems to have. I picked up some knit with deer on it the other day at spotlight and thought of adapting either the hopscotch or field trip tshirts (or both) into bodysuits with it. But I will sleep on it before really deciding.

LINK
    Susan @madtownmama

I made a body suit from the Lullaby Layette for my new baby niece, who is three weeks old today! I made the 3-6mo size anticipating that she can wear it over the summer (they live in Boston area). This was my first time doing a placket on my own and my first time using the snap setter tool. There is definitely a learning curve for me lol, and I’m looking forward to making a few more!

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Susan.
    LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Finally got started with the t shirts today after a few non sewing days. I completely mucked up the neckline of the first Jalie raglan t shirt. I do not like the instructions for the binding at. all! Instead for the second one I did it the normal way and gained a much better result. It’s actually wearable and everything is approved by the teen.

Now it is on to finishing the little tshirts.

I traced the music class pattern this morning with the help of the toddler. I will use the 18-24 month size as even though it is a little big for her on the top half right now, she will be growing.

I want to cut out a denim skirt and sew this with the denim button down skirt I plan to make for the teen.

I will trace that pattern after lunch.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I didn’t trace the skirt pattern in the end but I did finish two field trip t shirts. I left the pockets off for these ones and used the coverstitch machine around the neckline just to try it out. The result gives them more of a pullover type look. They are the perfect size so no need to size up just yet.

Next project will be the button up skirt.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

@madtownmama Isn’t it great? I’m making another before my daughter outgrows the pattern 🙂

@justsewit
    I loved the pic of Chloe helping with the tracing! I can’t wait to see your music class outfit – are you doing both blouse and skirt?

I’m going to sew tonight, whoopee!! Going to finish layette trousers which shouldn’t take long, I hope! Providing I don’t cock them up…

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@dubhels2003 Thankyou! She is very “into” what I do and very much a helper. I will eventually make the blouse. I have cut a denim music class skirt which I intend to sew along with a pair of afterschool pants (also denim) and a button up skirt and pair of jeans for my eldest. The shirt will come after as I am spending much of the holidays sorting out a winter wardrobe for my eldest as it is much more difficult to sew when she away at school. Sure you can always send parcels, which has been the case, but we need to get something together or she will take an empty case back with her😳😱😜
    So the general idea is to sew a big skirt and a little one while I’m at it then jeans big and little etc and so it goes. I am having lots of trouble sourcing some decent fabric for pullovers – the knitted look, turtle neck style and oversized seems to be everywhere right now. And where she is it gets chilly so eventually I will be sewing a nice winter coat for her also.
    So you see, the little things will be threaded in amongst the big things.

It seems my poor son is destined to miss much of the handmade items this season. I will attempt to fit him in also – being in men’s sizes does make things so difficult.

LINK
    JEB O’Barr @markjebobarr@hotmail.com

The new Lisette Butterick swimsuit patterns are up on their website! So I hope to be sewing swimsuits.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@markjebobarrhotmail-com aren’t they fabulous?! It is such a nice surprise to have not one but two choices also. Are you planning to use both styles or just one? I have both on my list as I can see these being very well used.

LINK
    JEB O’Barr @markjebobarr@hotmail.com

I like them both, but the stirred tankini is my favorite.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

oh my, now dd wants to learn to sew! She has just made a little coin purse out of knit velour with a zipper. I cannot even tell her how long it took me to gather courage to tackle either knits or zippers, and here she was holding them up and saying she wants to do it herself and could I please show her how. Not do it myself, I think I pinned twice and she did all the actual sewing. Proud but also thinking I may have created a new set of concerns!
    She is determined to help me make her communion dress… as of now i calculate that it will have about 6 feet of hem, so I am thinking of saying yes!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Up to the waist band on some denim/wool jeans (vintage KwikSew) for my son, Hugo (18). Just as well I fitted the back seam as they were a bit toight.

Thank you Big4 big seam allowance 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I whipped up a music class skirt in denim during morning nap time the other day. The elastic needs tightening but it looks soooo cute! I do love that pattern alot.

Today its all about tracing the required patterns for skirts, tops, jeans etc. The jalie shirt was a big hit so I am anticipating the arrival of my package of fabric to replenish the dismal supply I am down to.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    Susan @madtownmama

Loving the Lullaby Layette pattern. I’ve made two bodysuits and a top so far. One is with Cloud 9 double gauze leftover from MBR Luna Pants I finished today. I’m calling them my crazy pants because it’s s rather loud print, not my usual style but I kinda love them.

LINK
    Susan @madtownmama

Replying to myself here to see if I can get this link to work for a picture..

Luna Pants and Layette

Viewing 15 posts - 5,866 through 5,880 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.