Oliver + S

Stupid things I’ve done while sewing O&S patterns

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 157 total)
  • LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Oh, lots of sympathy RTWG!! Sometimes, it’s just hard to believe how things can go wrong even when you’re trying really hard NOT to make mistakes. And yes, ripping out buttonholes is the pits!! As for a school wardrobe v. a school uniform, I think it’s about 6 of one, and half a dozen of the other re. the pros and cons of both. At least with your own things, you can make them and don’t have to buy anything that requires drycleaning.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Today I made two right-hand mittens from the LTTS pattern. As they are for my 8-month-old I did not bother to fix them. His next pair won’t have any thumbs.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Sewing the library dress, I sewed the collar without sewing the back part closed, so when I sewed it together I had raw collar edges at the back of the dress. Had to rip and resew. Bummer.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I was just darning some jeans and found I had sewn another section of the jeans into the darn! Thankfully I was using a zigzag to darn the hole with so while not easy it was not a super difficult unpick. At least that confirms the strength of the machine!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I didn’t thread my bobbin properly. That’s what I discovered after I took my machine apart, cleaned it, played with the tension, rethreaded everything, had a mild panic attack, put on lipstick, and took my machine back to the dealer. All the time wondering where I was going to find the money and time to have my machine fixed. Am so grateful the dealer took 2 minutes to look at my machine. Felt rather silly, but am oh so happy with the results.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I love that you put your lippy on!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’m glad it was a cheap and fast fix!

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I have finally been doing some sewing, today a sea shore sun dress. I’ve just been sat in the front room picking through a bag of buttons while eating sweets with a Kate Bush documentary on in the Background. I got so distracted I just tried to eat a button rather than a sweet. It hurt. Relieved I didn’t attempt to sew a sweet on the sun dress!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hilarious! Glad you didn’t crack a tooth. There would have been Wuthering Heights style wailing from you too!!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Talk about “please don’t eat the daisies”- applies to buttons, too. Very sweet, and funny.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

For the garden party, I sewed the shoulder straps to the skirt back instead of the yoke. It was a very what the heck moment. I even checked for errata! Haha.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Carefully pinning the whole length of the side seam of a jersey dress cut from finicky, slinky fabric … to my pant leg, as it turned out.

LINK
    Jane @jesims

Sarvi, I feel so much better knowing I am not the only one to pin myself to a seam. I do it all the time! 🙂

Jane

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Almost snorted my morning coffee out my nose!!!

I love this thread.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Ahhh, at least you didn’t stitch it!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.