Oliver + S

Look Ma, No Hands!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 149 total)
  • LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

Well done Jenni!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Just bouncing this topic as Flickr is being very tricky for me, not sure if others are being affected or not.

I miss so many gorgeous things as the pages take f o r e v e r to load!

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

It’ll be a few months, but I just bought a pattern that once sewn, will definitely be posted here! I found a paper copy of the Thread Theory Goldstream Peacoat pattern on sale and bought it today. Ben has been asking me for years to sew him a wool coat, and I bought a big4 pattern years ago but was too intimidated to give it a try. I like the looks of the Goldstream pattern a lot more, and finally feel like I have enough sewing experience to attempt it now. Now to start looking for some nice wool…I plan to give him the wool and pattern as his Christmas gift, taking inspiration from SewSoSlow’s “Will Be shirts” (she posted in the “New Here” thread a few weeks ago).

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Vothgirl I’m sure you’ll love the pattern and your husband will love his coat.

Nicole, I’ll play along and blow my own horn (although I think you saw the Flickr pics). I made a straw hat! Surprised myself too

http://bartacksandsingletrack.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/straw-boater-project-cruising-at-very.html?m=1

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Shelley, I was so impressed with that hat! I’m glad it turned out so well after all the work you put into it.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Lightning! You need a medal! Its fantastic!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That hat is amazing!

Patricia , my next project for Hugo is that coat!

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Nicole,

Excellent! Depending on our individual timing, I’ll either be picking your brain or sewing along with you! I just ordered some swatches from Mood of different black wool coatings. I looked online for some of the Moda wool that Janice mentioned in her schooldays coat sewalong post today, but as far as I could find out, she’s the only one selling black/dark colors and her shop is almost out :-/. Oh well. Plenty of other lovely coating fabrics out there I’m sure! I think I’ll do the ‘traditional’ version with the epaulets and wrist straps ;-). It’s quite the dashing coat!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Patricia, I got Hugo’s here https://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/14552916057/, so cheap! ($10/m)

Do you have any relly’s in Melbourne?

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Unfortunately, I don’t have any family in Australia! But thank you for thinking of me :). I know I’ll be able to find something very nice, I just like to check out what other people recommend when I’m looking at a type of fabric I haven’t worked with before. I’m looking forward to seeing what Hugo’s coat turns out like :-).

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I am trying to teach myself drafting as my kids outgrow the o+s pattern sizes that I have. I am actually pretty pleased with the way that this year’s Halloween costume came out. (Trigger warning for those who have had enough of Elsa/Frozen lately!) http://chefreeni.blogspot.com/2014/11/girly-costume-for-halloween-long-live.html

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Wow, I am seeing some fun stuff. Awesome job on the hat!!

I am pretty proud of this. It wasn’t difficult, but it was my first button placket for a shirt type style ever. My first collar ever. So, I learned a few new skills! And not that hard. Or at least when you have Ms. L next to you step by step.

As I was sewing the last button on, the Wee Gee was stripping down to her skivvies. Mom made, child approved!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cybele727/15718234396/

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

It’s a little over the top but I love the combination and juxtaposition of the swirl skort and art Museum Vest. The matching vest was my husbands idea 🙂
    Girly Art Museum Vest and Peppermint Swirl skort

LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

Dived into sewing up some vintage patterns this Christmas, and, ohmahlawd. Why did it take me so (sew?) long to do it?!

The plaid dress was made using an Advance (sold at JC Penny’s) pattern from 1938. The cowboy outfit was made using a 1940’s Simplicity pattern, and the frilly PJs were the result of a 1950’s Simplicity pattern.

The cowboy pattern, I die. The cute. How I love my baby

1938 Advance Pattern Dress in cotton homespun for Christmas

The Handmade Christmas PJs

Cowboy Saxton

Cowboy Saxton

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by thejennigirl.
    • This reply was modified 9 years ago by thejennigirl. Reason: Figuring out figure in post
    LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

They’re brilliant, i’m especially loving the cowboy outfit, complete with cowboy stance. Is this the start of an addiction to vintage patterns?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.