Nicole
@motherof5
Active 4 years ago-
Sarvi replied to the topic How to achieve this look for Garden Party dress? in the forum oliver + s: garden party 11 years ago
Is it a home-sewn dress? Or a commercial product? The original image comes from an Etsy page selling the little bow in the girl’s hair, so I don’t think that whoever made or manufactures that dress can see your question.
Here’s a crinkled gauze that’s inexpensive and might work — give it a try and see what you come up with! Good…[Read more]
-
Sarvi replied to the topic How to achieve this look for Garden Party dress? in the forum oliver + s: garden party 11 years ago
Is it a home-sewn dress? Or a commercial product? The original image comes from an Etsy page selling the little bow in the girl’s hair, so I don’t think that whoever made or manufactures that dress can see your question.
Here’s a crinkled gauze that’s inexpensive and might work — give it a try and see what you come up with! Good luck!
-
Darcy Struble replied to the topic Vegetarian Lunch Options in the forum
Cooking and Baking 11 years ago@rhythm, watermelon salad sounds amazing! I’ll definitely be trying that! I’m excited that you have lots! Lunch is what I struggle with most while trying to eat more vegetarian.
@roundtheworldgirl I’m glad you liked it!! I do a good bit of vegan as well, especially dessert 🙂 I love vegan dessert. I don’t know why haha
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Fabric sources? in the forum oliver + s: parachute polo + sweatpants 11 years ago
Ooh, good sources! I hadn’t heard of the French shop. So cute!
-
vothgirl replied to the topic Fabric sources? in the forum oliver + s: parachute polo + sweatpants 11 years ago
@lightningmcstitch I love the blue/lime and pink/rose stars! 🙂 I’ll have to brush up on my high school French and browse the site some more.
-
vothgirl replied to the topic Fabric sources? in the forum oliver + s: parachute polo + sweatpants 11 years ago
@lightning_mcstitch I love the blue/lime and pink/rose stars! 🙂 I’ll have to brush up on my high school French and browse the site some more.
-
vothgirl replied to the topic Fabric sources? in the forum oliver + s: parachute polo + sweatpants 11 years ago
Thank you all for those links! I’ll check them out today. As far as price point, Liberty fleece is pricier than I’d probably be willing to pay for toddler clothing, but I’m willing to pay for good quality fabric that will stand up to repeated washing ;).
-
dubhels2003 replied to the topic How to achieve this look for Garden Party dress? in the forum oliver + s: garden party 11 years ago
That blog post was really inspiring wasn’t it, I love this inspiration dress too.
When you look at the pattern there is a band appliqued across the front which you could omit, meaning that the dress would be gathered at the neck but not again lower down.
I’m just having a think about what I would do on the back. I might have to come back to that…[Read more]
-
Sarvi replied to the topic How to achieve this look for Garden Party dress? in the forum oliver + s: garden party 11 years ago
Hi Cheri, I could be mistaken but that looks like an inspiration photo used to show how sleeves look with pom pom trim added to the sleeve edge. I think you could achieve a similar look by extending the pattern piece for the gathered section to dress length, but I’m afraid I have not made the Garden Party so I don’t know how it’s constructed and…[Read more]
-
Sarvi replied to the topic How to achieve this look for Garden Party dress? in the forum oliver + s: garden party 11 years ago
Hi Cheri, I could be mistaken but that looks like a an inspiration photo used to show how sleeves look with pom pom trim added to the sleeve edge. I think you could achieve a similar look by extending the pattern piece for the gathered section to dress length, but I’m afraid I have not made the Garden Party so I don’t know how it’s constructed and…[Read more]
-
Rhythm replied to the topic Vegetarian Lunch Options in the forum
Cooking and Baking 11 years agoThank you for starting this thread. My family is vegetarian. We generally cook a lot of Indian food at home. I have a massive load of those recipes. I made this watermelon salad for dinner yesterday.
Mix together pieces of watermelon, slices of red onion, red and green peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, toasted walnuts, and a handful of mint leaves.…[Read more]
-
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic Fabric sources? in the forum oliver + s: parachute polo + sweatpants 11 years ago
Now you’ve made me look!
How cute is this one: http://www.mamzellefourmi.com/tissu-molleton-sweat-shirt/5787-tissu-sweat-molleton-best-buddy-gris.html
Or here are some stars: http://www.mamzellefourmi.com/tissu-molleton-sweat-shirt/5557-tissu-molleton-etoiles-chocolat.html
Other colours here:…[Read more] -
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic Fabric sources? in the forum oliver + s: parachute polo + sweatpants 11 years ago
There are some fantastic printed knits at http://www.mamzellefourmi.com Shipping is from France so could be pricey. I mention it because I got some swatches with my order and there were stars!
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Neck facing puckering in the forum oliver + s: butterfly blouse + skirt 11 years ago
I’ve definitely found that different fabrics have varying amounts of stretch on the bias, and it can effect the neckline a great deal. In fact, I’m still trying to decide whether to re-do the neckline of my Lisette B6169 dress because it puckers just enough to really bother me. I wish there was a really easy solution or a perfect length, but I’m…[Read more]
-
Sarvi replied to the topic Neck facing puckering in the forum oliver + s: butterfly blouse + skirt 11 years ago
I’ve had this happen to me before too, with the same fabric — I think it may be caused by having the tension a little too high — for next time try playing around a little with tension/stitch length.
-
Sarvi replied to the topic japanese tana lawn at spotlight on in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Whoo hoo! White with blue flowers on the right side, for me please!
-
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 11 years ago
New patterns released, which is great!
The cooking and cleaning can wait -
Darcy Struble and
Lightning McStitch are now friends 11 years ago -
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic Favorite TV Show to watch while handsewing in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Cycle racing! Paris Roubaix if it’s a one night project ir the Giro d’Italia or Tour de France if it’s a three week marathon project!
You’ve got yo prepare really well and get your timing tight cause watching a rerun once your project is hand stitching ready doesn’t cut it when you’ve accidently overheard the result!
Otherwise, love Dr Who and I…[Read more] -
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic Favorite TV Show to watch while handsewing in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Cycle racing! Paris Roubaix if it’s a one night project ir the Giro d’Italia or Tour de France if it’s a three week marathon project!
You’ve got yo prepare really well and get your timing tight cause watching a rerun once your project is hand stitching ready doesn’t cut it when you’ve accidently overheard the result!
Otherwise, love Dr Who and I…[Read more] - Load More
copyright
Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2026. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.