Oliver + S

What scissor rating are shorts?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Hello!

I think that the tunic is going to be a bit much for me at the moment . . . are the shorts tricky??? I'd like to make them soonish and leave the tunic until I've worked through the Liesl curriculum a bit more!

Thanks!

Robyn

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

hi Robyn

I seem to remember Liesl mentioning ages ago that the shorts were much easier than the tunic – I haven't made them yet but have the size 2+ so am keen for next summer. If I remember correctly the whole pattern is 3 scissors but in a blog post Liesl said the shorts were only 1 scissor. They are so sweet – make sure to look at the other forum posts about shortening the bias binding around the leg opening so you get the cute gathers – I think there is an error in that pattern piece.

Miranda

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hi Robyn,

Miranda has it right–the shorts are very easy. Have fun!

Cheers,

Liesl

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Thanks Miranda and Liesl. I've ordered it along with a couple of others. So exciting to think of those little shorts flying across the atlantic!

I made the 2 + 2 and will post on flickr when I can, so my sewing skills are progressing!

I've been meaning to say, Liesl, that I noticed on your reading list on your disdressed blog that you like Thomas Hardy. My great, great grandfather knew him and it is said in family history that Hardy based the character of Gabriel on him in Far from the Madding Crowd. My great grandmother knew him when she was a child and talked about sitting on his knee whilst he talked to her father. Totally off sewing topic but I just thought it was so amazing to see that book on your list!

Hope you like some more upbeat books too!

Robyn

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh my, that's a wonderful story! Lucky you, to have such a rich family history!

Yes, I adore Hardy. Although having recently finished several of his books and then two Kent Haruf books in a row, I definitely could use a little more cheer in my reading next!

Cheers,

Liesl

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Thanks,

That's the extent of my literary connections! You can go to Thomas Hardy's house still, and it is very beautiful, untouched really. Still all set up with his writing desk and pens. If you ever come to England you should go. I'll give you a tour!

Meanwhile, if you find the perfect feel-good book let me know.

Robyn

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.