Oliver + S

What forum enhancements would you like?

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

Rebecca, I subscribe to the forum using my blog reader (which happens to be feedly, but you can do it with whatever RSS reader you use). So each post comes through my reader, both new topics and replies.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Rimoxie, all errata notices are posted on the pattern page in the Shop section of the site. If there is an error on the pattern, there will be an “errata” tab at the bottom of the page. No errata tab, no error.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Stuffing the ballot box for new tab. (You can new tab in chrome on a mac, it’s not PC-specific, but I’m lazy.)

LINK
    Frances Suzanne @Frances Suzanne

Definitely as a ‘new tab’!! Also, it would be great to have a ‘reply’ button underneath each comment….in case someone asked a specific question, and you could have a branch of discussion within the main thread. I liked the suggestion about having the threads start with the newest information first as well.

LINK
    Little_Anj @Little_Anj

new tab, and the reply idea is a good one too.

LINK
    Little_Anj @Little_Anj

I have another one, which would also e handy on the blog…

A “back to top” hovering link type f thing, as some pages can be quite long and not having to scroll back up to the top when done would be handy!!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

New tab! 🙂

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Would it be out of line to have a For Sale or FS/Trade forum for OOP paper patterns? Or would is that too much?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

What about having the “discuss” hyperlink at the bottom of the page as well,so you can return to the main page without having to scroll back to the top?

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I am wondering what could be done to improve the search function? I just searched for the Fabric Scrooge thread using the forum search box – I typed it in several different ways, in quotation marks, without quotation marks, and it wouldn’t come up at all. I was able to find it easily by typing “Oliver+S fabric scrooge” into Google so it’s not that big a deal, but I’ve truthfully never been able to find what I’m looking for using the actual search box.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You are so right. I figured it was me as I am a computer moron.

I end up just scrolling through pages looking for posts.

LINK
    jax @capnjax

I know this is an old post, but would it be possible to post a picture of the pattern on the pattern topic main page?

LINK
    10ashus @10ashus

More of a breakdown and quick link on Topic Categories: General Sewing Discussion; Patterns; Off Topic.

Sorry. Ignore me. I just read the current topics. They are the pattern names. I thought they were just chit chat, such as Puppet Show, Ice Cream. I did not know they were patterns until I read the topic description. For example, the liesl + co: everyday skirt topic is recognizable as a pattern discussion.

You have a wonderful forum. I have just discovered it and already gotten assistance with questions on my Woodland Cape and Everyday Skirt.

Congratulations on your improvements. I have done such projects before. It is not an easy task.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.