Oliver + S

View B Shirt Placket Interfacing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Hello, I’m having a tired daft moment. I’ve followed the instruction to cut 2 x 1 3/4 x 8 inch interfacing for the placket for the shirt view b, but I can’t see when and where to attach it, please could someone advise me! I think I could work it out but I’d rather get it right first time and avoid wasting fabric!

Thank you, Helena

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I’ve found it on the errata! Silly me, should have looked there first.

http://oliverands.com/oliver-and-s-patterns/OLV-OS046LL1.html

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

What fabric are you using?
    I have been thinking of you, Trixie is cluster feeding and I wondered if you were having the same scenario, feeding/dreaming of sewing.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Lawn for the shirt, chambray and some faux shearling for the jacket (nightmare to sew with I think!) and some dotty medium weight cotton/linen blend fir the trews.

I’m feeding pretty much every 1.5 hours round the clock, it WILL settle down! I’m doing very little bits of sewing when possible, hopefully sewing room will be finished next week so I can do a bit more without having to put everything away which currently takes longer than doing anything!

Enjoy your cluster feeding inspiration time…pintrest and flickr will be your b(r)east friends!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oooh, that sounds so pretty. I sewed with faux shearling once, it wasn’t so bad. I shaved the seam allowance with a daisy shaver first.

@dubhels2003
    You are a legend, every 1.5 hours, you are a Rock Star lady!
    Beatrix has started screaming if I don’t feed her quick enough when she is ready to feed. I have to settle her, let her sleep for 20 minutes or so and then she will graciously drink.
    Good times!

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Nicole. Reason: incorrect name
    • This reply was modified 9 years ago by Nicole.
    LINK
    Mary Shaver @Marylou

I think @dubhels2003 still has a valid question. Even if you are to use the 2 pieces of interfacing on view A, it doesn’t say anywhere in the pattern where or when to use them. Or am I missing something?

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

The two pieces of interfacing are for the crotch snap placket on the bodysuit only, not for the neck placket. I haven’t looked at the errata to see if/how the directions were edited to fix the confusion, but that’s what it’s intended for – those snaps see a lot more wear & tear due to diaper changes, crawling, etc and need to be reinforced.

Hope that helps! It’s such a great pattern! 🙂

LINK
    Mary Shaver @Marylou

Thank you very much for the explanation vothgirl.That makes much more sense. Thanks again.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Gah, so I’m finally getting around to making one of these, I have the digital pattern. I think putting a little note about where these go would go a long way to clearing it up! (I”m making view b, so I was confused! LOL) Because technically, they both have “Snap plackets”….or at least, that’s what I was thinking….because you still use snaps, and are making a placket in view b.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Jess M..
    LINK
    Connie @totter2

Hi all, I read the errata but still cannot see where and when to add interfacing in front placket?? Any idea?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hi Connie @totter2, if you are doing view b then the interfacting is not required. If you are doing view a (the bodysuit) then the interfacing goes on the crotch area.

I hope this answers your question.

Tamara

LINK
    Connie @totter2

Thanks so much for your reply, @justsewit.

I’m actually making view A… The pattern days to cut 2 interfacing strips. One for the crotch And I assumed the front snap packet needs the other strip but it doesn’t actually say where or whe attach it.

Any ideas?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.