Oliver + S

Using Printer Bureau

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    mistylboyd23 @mistylboyd23

I purchased the digital download for this pattern and would like to use the option to have the pattern pieces printed on an oversized printer. The pattern says to do a 36″ print, but my local options are for 24″ x 36″ or 36″ x 48″. I’m not sure which to choose, and price difference is too substantial to just experiment. Any idea which I should choose for this digital file? Thank you in advance!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

What are they charging, if I can ask? I’m wondering because at the first place I went, they quoted me a really high price and it was because they’d misunderstood the type of print I wanted. I’m in Los Angeles and pay between $6-8 depending on what it is. Depending on where you are, you might pay more, but it should not be *very* much more. Also, give me a second and I’ll look at one of my digital patterns and see if I can find where you look to find the page dimensions.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ok, I don’t have the digital sleepover, but I opened the digital Playtime 6m-4 in Adobe Reader (rather than in Preview), went to the last page, then clicked on the File menu, then chose Properties. It pops up a dialog box and at the bottom it says page size, 43×36. Can you do something similar with your file?

LINK
    mistylboyd23 @mistylboyd23

Thank you so much for your quick help! I’m going to take it to a friend’s computer to use Adobe Preview to figure it out. That’s very helpful!

The smaller print was about $4 and the 35″ x 48″ was almost $8. It sounds comparable to what you’re paying.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Actually, when I use Preview I am not able to see it, but if you use Adobe Reader (a free download and very useful) you should be able to see it. Good luck and happy sewing!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.