Oliver + S

Using fabric with a border

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    allieb @allieb

After seeing this gorgeous Family Reunion dress ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/27084526@N02/5998927129/in/photostream ) on the blog, I was inspired to buy the pattern and some fabric with a lovely border pattern. Now that I have the pattern, I’m not sure how to cut the fabric to accommodate the border. Does anyone have any suggestions?

LINK
    Emily @Emily

I just cut out three Family Reunion dresses, 2 in border prints. I was able to get the one in a non-border print (size 4) cut out of just less than 1 yard of 44″ fabric (using different contrast fabric for the yoke and hem facing), but I needed almost 2 full yards to cut it out of the border print (using the same fabric for the whole dress). I lined up the pieces so that the hem was along the selvage and the border print is lined up horizontally along the hem, making sure to place the pieces on the print at about the same height so that the print more or less matches up on the side seams.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.