Oliver + S

transferring placket markings

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    beanniequilts @beanniequilts

There is no such thing as a stupid question, right? I can’t figure out where to transfer the markings from the placket to the right side of the dress. Do they go closer to the center seam or further away from the center seam? Or is one closer to and one further away? In other words, so I lay the plackets right side up when I transfer or wrong side up? does that make sense?

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

the transfer markings go on the right side of the fabric, is that what you are asking?

LINK

no but thank you – to me it looks like I could have the markings closer to the center of the dress, or further from the center? do I lay the placket wrong side down when transferring or the other way? I could show a picture if I could figure out how to do it.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

To transfer the markings onto the dress it should be centered on the dress, I’ll go see if Nicole has a tutorial on this dress. I have made this dress but never took pictures as I went.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya
    LINK

Thanks – if you look at the right side of the placket, they are on the right side of the riight side of the placket, if you divide the placket in half.

LINK

sayiamyou – The first picture helps I think. But the second picture confuses me because it looks like the right and left plackets are switched? Are both pictures the right side of the dress? Thank you for helping me figure this out. I am tempted to skip marking and just follow directions and see what makes sense but I know markings are important.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Sew Mama Sew did a sew-along in 2009 of the Jump Rope Dress: http://www.sewmamasew.com/category/sew-alongs/jumpropedress/

There is a post specifically about the placket and markings here: http://www.sewmamasew.com/2010/09/jump-rope-dress-sew-along-placket-markings-creation/

Hope that helps!

Cindy

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Oh, Cindy just beat me to it! The sew along is great. Don’t skip the markings.

What part of the world do you live in? I wonder who lives close to you who could help you out in person.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Echoing the others, don’t skip the markings!

I cut a tiny spilt, at the neck and the hem, to mark my centre front and then lined the placket up with that.

LINK

Thank you for all your help. The sew-along is so helpful. I live in southern Maine and would be happy to meet other sewers in my area.

LINK

I thought I had to put the buttonhole markings on the front of the dress (in addition to the plackets). That is why I was so confused and made no sense 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.