Oliver + S

Too much width around hip?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Claudia @fraufritze

I almost finished my first city stroll wrap skirt. The sewing was great fun so far. Before attaching the waistband I wrapped the skirt around me. And it stows above the pockets. It looks like there is too much material in between hip and waist. Can you see on the pics?
    Has anyone an idea how to solve this? Lisl, maybe you? Shall i just tighten everything a bit via the sideseam? Regards, Claudia

LINK
    Claudia @fraufritze

and here are the pictures…the upload did not work at first try….
    Claudia

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I suspect that those sort of wrinkles indicate too much ‘length’ in that area but that would be flat pattern adjustment and it’s too late for that now. And I could be totally wrong 😃
    If you put them on inside out and pinch then pin out the excess fabric into the side seam you should be able to get a good fit. Just be careful to keep your pocket opening symmetrical and useful sized.

LINK
    Claudia @fraufritze

Hi! Thanks for your note on this. With “length” you mean the area between hip and waist? I think your suspect good be right. I read that in case of a hollow back/ saddle back (which I have a bit) it could help to lower the waist line in the back. This would decrease that length. Correct? What would you recommend for “flat pattern adjustment”? I definitely would like to come to a perfect fit with this pattern.
    Anyhow, I will try with what you recommended and see how it turns out. Any more hints are highly appreciated.
    Best, Claudia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.