Oliver + S

To line or not to line the Lullaby pants?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’m making size 6-12m Lullaby Layette pants in slightly scratchy grey wool. I’m wondering about if it would be a good idea to line them and with what? I’ve got satin type lining fabrics as well as cotton/poly cotton.
    These will be a gift.
    To line or not to line?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Heidi I would line them in a cotton. The wool sounds as though it could irritate sensitive baby skin. I’d use a cotton as natural fibres are best for baby.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’m with Tamara. When in doubt, line to protect baby’s skin. You could also underline and treat both layers of fabric as one, which can be a nice option with the same general effect.

LINK

Thanks Tamara and Liesl 🙂
    I’ll have to line them, rather than underlining, as I’ve already made up the main pants section, it just needs hemming and the waistband.
    Thanks for such prompt responses!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@with-love-heidi, your layette is divine!

I lined some wool dungarees I made Trixie with lawn.
    See here http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/baby-beatrix.html (not O+S *blush*)
    They are brilliant as the wool is naturally water repellent keeping her dry when she toddles in wet grass.
    Great choice!

LINK

Thanks for the reply Nicole, I was hoping you would chime in 🙂
    It’s great to hear that wool is practical for babies as I had been wondering if it would be a good choice. I think I’ve got another small piece of wool, I might have to made another pair too.
    Trixie’s dungarees were so cute!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.