Oliver + S

The best made pattern!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I really love all the Oliver +S patterns I have made but the ones I have used the most are the ones for the boys, the Sketchbook being the most the used. I thought I would share my flicker collection of all the ones I have made with you ladies. (I am feeling rather pleased on how much better they are looking with every shirt I have made too!) I have made 28 shirts to date and still counting!

Mr Silly

So pretty please Liesl make more boy patterns!!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Gorgeous work, Sharon!

The pleas for patterns for boys comes up so often but it seems that the group of people who buy these patterns is small, even though they love and use the heck out of their patterns. I wonder if there could be another approach. Like, what about a be all end all boys shirt pattern? Fewer sizes per package, but more variations. So a basic shirt body with a band collar and short sleeves, longer and slimmer in fit ham the sketchbook, then you’d pick and choose collar styles, cuff styles, pocket styles. So maybe $9 for the body, $3 for the pocket, $4 for the collar, $5 for the cuff. A complete package would be $21, but it would be the exact narrow pointed collar, v-bottomed pocket, French cuffed shirt of your dreams, size 2-4, 5-7, 8-10…

Or how about offering a do-it-yourself shirt kit, that includes a basic sloper with instructions on how to draft sleeves, yokes, collars, cuffs, etc. sell as an ebook for maybe … $25?

Not sure what kind of pricing structure you’d need for it to be feasible.

LINK
    mrskanuckles @mrskanuckles

I just had to look for myself, I have made 11 pairs of sketchbook shorts and 4 shirts and one dress made from the shirt. Hardly as many as you… 🙂

I love the shorts shortened with a cuff for my daughter’s school shorts… I see a lot of people using the pattern in many ways for girls too.

LINK
    Inder @Inder

That’s the thing about boy’s patterns – you really can get so much use out of a basic pants/shorts/shirt/t-shirt pattern. On the one hand I want more boy/unisex patterns! But on the other hand, I almost don’t need more, because a few patterns take you so far. I think that’s a big part of why there aren’t more patterns out there. How many variations on pants/t-shirts/button-downs/shorts do you really need?

That said, I want more patterns too! Haha!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think Inder is right!

(But a soft blazer would be most acceptable)

LINK
    Inder @Inder

Ooh, a blazer would be AWESOME. And easily made with more feminine details for girls too!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I would love if there was a blazer pattern! (hint, hint!!)

I do love Sarvi’s idea! I would be first in line to buy that!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Not like we are hassling Liesl…..poke, poke.

LINK
    Deb @Mynorth

I’ve been asking/hoping for a blazer pattern for some time….poke…poke…poke

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

Can I add my vote for a modern boy’s blazer pattern? The pattern I used for ds’ suit last winter (2013) came out looking kind of stodgy 80’s. He’s making noises about wanting to be like Doctor Who in a tweed suit and I’d trust Leisl to carry me through.

LINK
    Ana Sofia @Ana Sofia ASM_Blue

Boy’s patterns also do very well around here 🙂
    The Art Museum, the Sandbox and the Sketchbook patterns have always been heavily used and I would like to believe these are in O+S best-selling list! I have made countless versions for all seasons and to be honest I’m only sorry I don’t blog more about it 🙁 (my fault, obviously).
    A boy’s (and girl’s) blazer pattern would be a great addition, and I’m also currently looking for a boy’s polo/rugby shirt pattern. I’ve found a version from Kwik Sew and from a french company (C’est Dimanche) but I don’t think these can compare with Liesl Instructions.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

@AnaSofia can I humbly recommend my own alteration of the Sketchbook shirt for a polo shirt. I just made another long sleeved version (not yet on the blog) and it works really well

LINK
    Ana Sofia @Ana Sofia ASM_Blue

Ups, I forgot to mention your mod. I have it pinned but never managed to try it out and that would be a sure bet for what I’m looking for! Thanks for the reminder 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.