Oliver + S

Thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    coral @coral

Just wanted to say thank you for a really great, easy to follow pattern. I was a little intimidated to try to make a winter coat, but I found this beautiful red boiled wool and I just knew that’s what it wanted to be.

I was really impressed at how well the coat went together, even for an intermediate/beginner sewer.

I used red boiled wool for the outer and organic bamboo fleece for the lining. It’s squishy soft and super warm. Best of all, my daughter LOVES it.

LINK
    merelee79 @merelee79

I would love to see a picture of the finished coat. I am about to attempt this for my kids (daughter and son). In Texas, it doesn’t get too cold and I’m going back and forth on if I want to also do the vest.

As a semi-beginner sewer, I am very intimidated to start this pattern but I’ve researched a lot and it seems that it is doable even though it’s a difficulty of a three.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

You could always do the vest as a separate and then it would be there should it be needed. I made this jacket in denim that had a bit of stretch in it – didn’t realise until I was well into sewing.

It turned out beautifully but I didn’t do the vest at all because it doesn’t get below freezing here during the day. I would do the vest as a sort of windbreaker instead.

I think this would provide a challenge for you and teach you a few new things that are useful. It will show you a little more about pattern construction also and how linings work.

I encourage you to give it a go and take your time so that the process is not too overwhelming.

As for the scissors, I think they are just a bit of a guide as to the difficulty. This could be tackled by a semi beginner for sure because you would have the basics understood.

Tamara

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I seem to recall that this pattern was rated three scissors for the time commitment rather than the technical difficulty of any particular step. Would love to see your red coat, I want to make one in red for a Paddington bear costume for my daughter but haven’t found the right wool yet.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

That sounds so lovely Sarvi!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.