Oliver + S

Sunday Brunch as blouse not jacket?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    mellyflori @mellyflori

My darling girl needs another jacket like she needs another arm, her grandmothers seem to be addicted to buying them for her. But she *does* need more long sleeved tops. Has anyone made this as a blouse instead of a jacket? By putting snaps down the opening or even just sewing it shut? Or would it be too blousy and full?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think it would make a lovely blouse,just use a shirting fabric. It won’t pull over her head though,you will need poppers or buttons!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It sounds like a lovely idea. I am visualising broderie anglaise for some reason but I know this would be somewhat impractical for autumn/fall planning.

If you are worried about fullness, you could take some out. Are you planning to use the back bottom part for the front aswell? Maybe even lengthen the top bodice slightly to give a tunic type feel? Would you change the sleeve at all? Maybe use a different sleeve to give it a more shirt-y look. The current sleeve would look fine though.

I like the sound of this alot.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Yes, why not? Maybe without the collar and maybe it only has to open as far as the yoke to get it over her head instead of all the way down. Of course, then it starts to look like the 2+2 blouse…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.