Oliver + S

Sleeveless Hopscotch Top?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

Has anyone tried this? I’m thinking of trying it but not quite decided on how to finish the armholes.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You could overlock,turn and topstitch,Or make a narrow band(ribbing) or bind it with the same fabric?

Good luck Sandi.xn

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I’ll put in a vote for same fabric ribbing. However, I would cut a little out of the armhole to make room for the ribbing. The amount would depend on how wide your ribbing would be. If you don’t make it larger, you’ll end up with some very boxy looking shoulders.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Do try it, Sandi, and show us how it’s done!

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

I’ll vote for same fabric ribbing as well. 🙂

I would also consider raising the armscye a wee bit. When converting a sleeved pattern to a sleeveless, you usually raise the underarm since there will be no sleeve and this will lessen the gaping under the arm.

Carol

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

Carol, in this case, I wouldn’t raise the bottom of the arm hole. Since this pattern is very narrow through the underarms, it shouldn’t need it at all.

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

Thanks Johanna, I have not used this pattern so I have not studied the pattern pieces. It’s on my list to work on this summer. Thanks for the information. 🙂

Carol

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Bumpity bump. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.