Oliver + S

Sizing help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    clt3 @clt3

Slim 5 1/2 year old and bigger that average 3 year old both have a chest measurement of 21″. I’m thinking of making them both a size 4, just lengthening one about 3 inches, an inch in the bodice length and 2 ” in the rest of the dress. Suggestions or advice?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have not made this dress yet but my 5 year old is tiny so I frequently lengthen. What you describe sounds pretty spot on. I do add to the bodice not just the hem.

Good luck.

LINK
    Emily @emilyandsam@live.com

I pulled this pattern out today to make for my tall, thin 4 year old. Her measurements put her size at a 4, but I only have the 5-12 sized pattern. So I made a muslin of the 5 and I like the way it fits. You might try a muslin first to make sure you like the fit.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Clt, that’s what I would do. You may need to move where the elastic waist sits epically for the older girl. Have fun

LINK
    clt3 @clt3

After looking at the heights, I think I’m only going to add 1″ to the bodice. The older girl is just at the top height range for the size 4. The younger one is 1/2″ short than the 4 so I’ll shorten a little. I’m sewing 2000 miles long distance, one of the reasons I picked this pattern rather than one that’s more fitted.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

The fit on this is very forgiving, so I’ll think it will be just fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.