Oliver + S

Sizing help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    HollySmo @HollySmo

Does anyone know if the Size Charts for these patterns indicate the ideal size of the CHILD for that size or the actual size of the finished GARMENT?

I am about to buy the Sunday Brunch pattern to make the jacket for my 2 year old. She is a solid 2T size in the Ice Cream Dress and the Class Picnic Blouse, but both of those designs are pretty boxy, whereas the Sunday Brunch Jacket appears to be fitted in the chest. I measured my kiddo and her chest is exactly 21.5″.

I’m already resigned to making the jacket in at least the 3T, but the size chart says the chest measurement for a 3T is 21.5. If that is the size of the finished garment in the chest area, then it would be way too tight.

Any advice Liesel or my fellow sewists could offer would be much appreciated!

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Those measurements are for the size of the child, not the garment. Some of the patterns do have the finished measurements too, but they are marked as such.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Holly,

The finished chest measurements for the Sunday Brunch are 25 1/2″ for the 3T so you’ll have plenty of ease.:)

Cindy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.