Oliver + S

Sizing down a pattern

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    sanitystitches @sanitystitches

I managed to find the Bedtime Story Pajama pattern on Etsy in the 4-8 size. That will work for 2 of my kiddos but I would like to make a matching pair for my baby who will need 12-18 or 18-24 mo size. I am going to try to size down the 4 to see how it comes out. Any suggestions on how to size down? Or any suggestions on where to find the smaller size?

I an going to try the newer pj pattern as well but I am a relative beginner (I have made a simple baby quilt, the popover dress, a couple of the Sailboat skirts, and the bear hats from the Little Things to Sew book).

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sizing down is not something I have tried,I tend to avoid it as some how the finished garment doesn’t look quite right,however as this pattern is mainly squares and straight lines it may be easier.

If you use cloth nappies you will need the bigger bottoms any way and as you have the new pattern you will have a size guide.

I would compare my Sleep Over pattern piece to the corresponding Bedtime Story pattern piece and start folding.

I think the bottoms may be the same pattern,if not they are jolly similar.

This is only a suggestion,good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.