Oliver + S

Size Guidance

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    amandamay83 @amandamay83

My daughter is interestingly proportioned, thanks to the meds she’s on. She carries her weight in her belly, which makes pattern-shopping difficult. I believe that the gathers in this pattern will work well for her, but I’m still struggling as to which size to make.

Her chest measurement is 26″, which would correlate with a size 8. However, the fullest part of her waist/belly is 28″…which doesn’t correlate with any size.

I guess what I’m mostly asking here is how much ease is included with this pattern. It looks as though it fits quite generously. I am leaning at this point towards making the size 10, unless someone can suggest otherwise.

Any advise is appreciated!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

*Not a science*

I made the size 10 for one of my daughters and there is 42” (approx) of fullness through the waist.

I hope that helps.

I do have a step by step tute if you would like a peep http://www.pinterest.com/pin/73676143878386828/

LINK
    amandamay83 @amandamay83

42″ that is ultimately gathered, or 42″ finished measurement?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I ran the tape measure around the finished dress, at waist height, definitely not scientific.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I cut out a size 4, with added length, for my granddaughter in October and put it aside waiting for back ordered contrasting fabric. My granddaughter grew in the meantime. The finished chest of the size 4 is 25. Her chest measures 23.5. Will she have enough room to move if I go ahead and sew it?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oooh, looking at the size chart you may be pushing it… but since you already have it cut, I would chance it.
    Maybe do a narrower side seam?

LINK
    Jillls @Jillls

If it is anything like the matching Cinema Dress there is tons of ease in the waist.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Thank you, I just read when this happens to measure the child’s back width and then the back pattern piece, so I’m going to piece the pattern pieces together and measure before I begin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.