Oliver + S

shorts for boys?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • LINK
    sosew @sosew

Has anyone made these shorts for (little) boys?

My guys aren’t yet 2 and I like dressing them in cutesy things (jon-jons, etc), but are these over the top girly? (not that it really matters, since after all they are 2, but im curious what other people might think)

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I have seen these on the flicker group, maybe Justine made them? I am not really sure but whoever did left the bottom leg band without the gathers. They are so cute!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I would put them on a little boy.

I would probably use the top too on a little boy, perhaps in a tartan?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I would absolutely dress a boy in them, but then there are people who not even dress a newborn in them. Gender’s a funny old thing. I suppose it’s only a matter of time before we see … I don’t know, what’s the most hypermasculine thing you can wear? Tiny lumberjack boots? Maybe a tiny fake beard, haha!

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

I would on a small boy, but without the rounded, gathered pocket.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Codpiece Sarvi!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

HA!! It would have to have a cute saying on it, like ‘Mama’s Lil Stinker’ and a picture of a smiling truck.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Brilliant Lightning, and Sarvi! People do get very silly about gendered clothes for little kids, don’t they? Especially when you consider that until the early 20th century, little boys wore “long clothes”/skirts and petticoats until they were somewhere between 3-6 yrs.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay
    LINK
    sosew @sosew

Thanks! I will give it a try.

The lumberjack/beard/truck comment had me laughing. I also don’t understand little boys clothes ๐Ÿ™‚

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Me too! ๐Ÿ˜€ I am told by a few mamas here that I dress my baby boy like I wanted a girl. I politely tell them that this is the way baby boys was dressed just a few years ago, you know like a baby boy. ; )

LINK
    Anonymous @

sosew – I can’t stand the boys’ clothes in the stores. Why does everything have to have words, sharks, or trucks on the front? I’ve looked through the Hannah Andersson catalog for sewing inspiration. The girls clothes are adorable. Then I come the boys section and everything looks the same as what Walmart has. Why can’t boys have great clothes, too?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I had sooo much fun dressing Hugo.

Little mole skin trousers and sports coats when he was a toddler and white smocked nighties when he was a bairn.

I still have fun making his clothes.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

You stick to your guns, MK; your last checked bubble for PC is wonderful!! I think the desire to dress little boys in “agressive” stuff is the flipside of trying to sell little girls either “fantasy” wear, or “tarty” stuff. Somebody must be thinking it’s gorgeous but it’s so limited/limiting – for both sexes! The French have a much more charming way with little boys clothes – if you could afford it. Meanwhile, there is always O and S!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.