Oliver + S

Shortening Sleepover PJs for Summer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    It's me Sophie @Itsmesophie

So I’ve almost finished my second pair of Sleepover pjs but the weather has suddenly hotted up here in Melbourne (Australia). I suspect I’ll be putting the boys pjs away soon.

I’m thinking I might modify the pattern to make summer pjs. Has anyone done this? Any tips? I’ve not modified a pattern before but figure this would be a good place to start.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Super easy to do.

One tip, measure from the hem and shorten, that way your side seams will be even.

I made my girls a voile pair, cool to sleep in but our temperatures often drop over night and we get a lot of mozzies, so I like their arms and legs covered.

(I live in country SA)

~Nicole~

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

How does one modify for shortie pjs? I want to make them short so my little guy (19 months) can wear them right off, since we’re in summer here.

Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Just cut the length you want. Slightly straighten out the hem edge rather then leave it tapered.

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

How would U straighten the hem edge? Cut wider than the pattern at that point? Sorry, still figuring out apparel sewing!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sorry, I meant the side seams, they will taper in slightly and you want them straight down.

The hem edge may be slightly shaped, that is fine. As long as the side seams match.

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

Awesome, thanks! Just pinned and cutting once the baby is back asleep:-).

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Brilliant, good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.