Oliver + S

shorten sleeve length

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    yellow_blue @yellow_blue

I don’t think anyone has asked this before. I want to shorten the length of the sleeves of the kimono top if possible–make them short sleeves that is. Do I just reduce, say 5″ or something like that of the sleeves after measuring my daughter’s half sleeve length or is there another way to do this? I have lengthened dresses following Liesl’s suggestions in the blog, but I am not sure if the same principle applies to sleeves. Somehow, I think not?

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

Since this arm sleeve is just a rectangle, I would just shorten it to half length. If it had a traditional sleeve shape, it would be more complicated.

LINK
    yellow_blue @yellow_blue

Thank you JohannaO. Was a bit worried because I didn’t want it to “rise” on the top part (which comes down from the shoulder–does that make sense?). But I think you are right, it is a rectagle, so should be possible to just shorten.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.