Oliver + S

Sewing Seashore side seams

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    paula @paula

I am a tad confused about how to sew up the side seams of the dress. It states to lift the facings from the dress halves and pin them together, to sew up the side seams, then in the next step to understitch the underarm and hand stitch the facing to the seam allowances. I think I understand these directions but I’m not quite sure I do. Is there a reason why you can’t just stitch the facings in with the side seams (which is what I did inadvertently…)?

Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

This will give you a clean finish under the arms Paula.

I do not have a post on this dress but if you scroll down the blog post linked below (about 3/4’s), it should give you a clearer picture.

http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/swing-set-for-birthday-girl.html

If that is not helpful please come back.

~Nicole~

LINK
    paula @paula

Thanks, Nicole! After I ripped out the seams and resewed them, I was able to visualize what was being accomplished. For some reason, I could not picture that before!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sometimes pictures help me much more then words. I often get very nervous with written instructions- Am I doing it correctly?

Oliver+S are particularly good though. You do get a bit spoilt for other patterns.

I look forward to seeing your dress.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.