Oliver + S

Serger Problems!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • LINK
    abbie @abbie

Rae Downing@ladyraestewart, I hope you see this post:

My old 14U Series Singer is doing kind of the same thing that you wrote about 2 years ago with the popping noise when sewing thicker fabrics and then the needle thread coming out of the needle. (that’s is pretty amazing to me that it unthreads itself right out of the eye of the needle!). I am not breaking any needles, though. After this happens, it doesnt sew anymore. Ive got to cut the needle thread, rethread it and wait until it happens again. Anyway, I was wondering if you ever figured out what the problem was so that I can see if I am having the same issue. Thanks a lot.

LINK
    Cahina @astonishinggrace

I have a Husquvara Viking 905 serger. I had been sewing for a while when suddening the motor stopped. The light is on so power is going to the machine. There was no sudden sound. I can only assume it may have overheated and the motor seized. I have taken things apart, turned everything off then on again. Let it cool for hours and still nothing.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Sounds like a job for your local service center! I know nothing about machines or sergers and can’t offer any help or suggestions, but I do know that it’s enormously beneficial to have someone knowledgeable who can service your machines. It’s a good idea to have them tuned up and serviced every year at the minimum and worth every penny in frustration avoided! Good luck with it. I have to send mine to the Netherlands for servicing and costs costs a LOT but it’s worth it.

LINK
    Cahina @astonishinggrace

Thank you! I contacted a repairman today and he had me send photos of the motor so will see what he suggests.
    All the best 💗

LINK
    Kaylie @Shogunion

I have a problem with my serger, for some reason when the fabric is feeding through on the feed dogs its being pulled to the left and away from the needles, does anyone know what’s causing this? And how do you fix it?

LINK
    Cahina @astonishinggrace

Is it when you first start sewing? I have had it want to shift before and simply stopping, lifting the presser foot and readjusting did the trick. Hope you get it sorted 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.