Oliver + S

Satisfaction…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

I was just thinking as I put together a placket for the jump rope dress…

I think this placket gives me the most “pattern satisfaction” from any pattern I’ve sewed. The moment where I carefully cut, place, follow the impeccable instructions and the result is an amazingly professional looking placket. This is not something that just anyone can do. I step back and think “damn, I’m good!” – and, ok, Liesl’s good too….

What about you? Or is is just me?!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Yep, this moment could be sewing perfection. I rank the invisible zipper in the school photo dress right up there too. These sewing feats just doesn’t seem possible when you first read the instructions. My mind turns to mush, but if you take it step by step it all turns out brilliantly.

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I thought about the invisible zipper, too. There is one in the Fairy Tale dress, as well.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Ha ha, I’m absolutely with you. I get sinfully proud of my Jump Rope plackets.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

The jump rope placket and the school days coat gave me the most sinful pride in myself the year I made those. I still love them and feel so great about the finished products. I haven’t made the school photo dress yet (despite staring at the pattern in my cabinet) but I look forward to what I know will be a fantastic set of instructions that inevitably make me feel so awesome.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Oh yes I do too! There is nothing better than a perfectly finished jumproe placket. Two years ago I never would have thought that I could ever sew this pattern. That is why Oliver + S has me completely spoiled!

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Ha! “Sinfully proud”….yeah, that’s the feeling!

At some point I’m going to make a School Days coat – I imagine that will give me that feeling as well….I’m still pondering attempting the invisible zipper…

LINK
    Jane @jesims

JuliaMom,

The invisible zipper was so easy, I couldn’t believe I had never done one before. The directions were so clear and easy to follow.

The jumprope placket did put a smile on my face too when it was finished. Too bad my husband doesn’t quite appreciate the “skill” involved, my celebrations are usually “happy” dances alone in my sewing room.

Jane

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Know this, no matter where you are in the world, you are never alone when you’re doing the Oliver + S “happy dance”. We’re all dancing along with you!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Love the “happy dance” Lightning! I haven’t made the Jumproe yet, but I think the curved tea party seam gave me the most satisfaction, especially the first time I got it all done without unpicking any of the seam! I know it is only an one scissor pattern and I’m experienced but that was the moment.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh yes the satisfaction! Jumprope packets, invisible zippers, they all make my heart swell with pride but thing that really gets me is the perfection of collar meeting button band on the sketchbook shirt. Maybe easy as a wink to do but it just makes me smile to get it just right! That and the lining on the schooldays jacket! You know you are good when you get that right!

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I wish there was a ‘like” button on this forum. I like the sinful pride and happy dance comments. The curved bodice, the sleeves, and the collar on the Puppet Show tunic are also very satisfying.I agree about the School Days Jacket, the Secret Agent Trench gives me that feeling, too.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Definitely the zipper on the School Photo dress.

I use this method whenever I blog an invisible zipper.

~Nicole~

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

My happy dance was after being frustrated with the family reunion hem facing, despite the thread on it and the advanced warning, figuring it out and it working perfectly.

My other moment was when I blindly trusted the directions for the neck piece and of course it worked. I was shaking my head at the cleverness. Simple but clever. 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Conquering pin tucks for the first time was a total triumph! I succeeded before Oliver and s came into my life so to be able to have the skills to execute perfect pin tucks on the music class blouse meant a perfect result. One thing though, when I did learn, I was instructed to pull a thread to find the grain line and use this as my fold. Liesl’s instructions cut that step in half, enabling me to get this shirt done in a fraction of the time.

The satisfaction of seam precision makes my heart sing also. To know that it is the require width away from the fabrics edge all the way around? Bliss! No unpicking necessary.

I also love it when I go to start a project and have everything there already instead of having to run off to the shop to by more of a certain thing – as is the case at the moment when there is not one speck of lite steam a seam2 left in the sewing nook big enough to finish these school things!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.