Oliver + S

Reversible Dress–View A one side, View B another?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    purlknitpurl @purlknitpurl

Hi there, I am so excited to make a Roller Skate Dress. My 6 year old , who will only wear clothes I make if she picks the fabric, decided on two wild (Fox!) fabrics. One fabric she will allow me to tone down with the “V” shape dress (View B), but one side, she insists on only using one fabric (View A). Can I make one side View A and one Side View B, with the only modifications cutting the hems the same length as discussed in the “making it reversible” discussion thread? Liesl, any thoughts on this? Thanks! Purl

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

The necklines are shaped differently in view A and B. There is a v shaped notch in view B.

LINK
    purlknitpurl @purlknitpurl

Okay, I don’t have the pattern yet, and I am sleep deprived(8 week old at home) so I am not thinking clearly! Thanks! I can just make one side all the same fabric but cut with a v shape. Thanks!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’m yet try the view with the facing but your idea sounds interesting.

LINK

I don’t know how you would do it because of the facing. If you do it, let us know how.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Is the facing only on the front or dose it go to the back? If it’t only on the front then the back (lining side would be plain but with the alternative neckline which would be very cute. I haven’t made it but just thinking through the logistics of a front neckline facing.

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

It’s an overlay that is on the front and back, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. I’ve yet to do it (tonight! tonight!) but I’m pretty sure it’s laid onto the front and back before the lining and main fabric are joined. Or am I not thinking this through correctly?

LINK

If you scroll down in this blog: http://nightknitter.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/roller-skate-dress/ it shows view B reversible. I like view B with the notch and all one fabric, with the facing on the inside.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.