Oliver + S

School Days: Removeable vest as a standalone light jacket?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Kate @matuhart

Has anyone ever used the removeable lining vest (with or without sleeves) as a standalone light jacket on late spring/early fall days? Am about to make an upcycled school days jacket using my husband’s old wool coat for my 8 month old and am mindful of getting the most wear out of it for the work I put into it! We live in the Netherlands, which equals windy and rainy weather nearly year round, and rather mild summers so if I can make the insertable vest (with sleeves) so it is wearable even on cool summer days, I’d consider it a big win!

Thanks!
    Kate

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Kate.
    LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I haven’t done it, but I have often wondered about just this.
    The only thing you’d need to consider is whether you want it to close when worn on its own.
    I’m not sure, from memory, if the front edges of the vest actually meet at centre front. If not, you might need to add some to the centre front and then maybe add a zipper and zip guard?

LINK
    Kate @matuhart

Lightning McStitch, thank you for pointing that out about the vest not closing. I went back to the instructions and looked at the pictures. You’re right. I’ll think about this some more.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.