Oliver + S

Reducing width of back panel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Joan Holt @JoanHolt

I’ve made a Muslin. A large. I want it to sit on my natural waist. I sewed a size that should have resulted in 1/2 inch ease at natural waist but I’ve had to severely pull in elastic at back panel (41/2inches to be chopped off elastic). The front seems to fit reasonably well. So I’m thinking of reducing width of back panel. How much would people recommend reducing width of back panel by?
    Or I could go down a size and also reduce back panel but that might be playing with fire.
    Thanks Joan

LINK
    Joan Holt @JoanHolt

Here is a picture of front

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

You can reduce it as much as you want as long as you can still get it over your hips. I would suggest keeping an eye on the side panels so they stay at your sides and don’t pull too much toward the back or front.

LINK
    Joan Holt @JoanHolt

Hi Leisl

Sorry for slow reply and thank you for yours. I took an inch off each side of back panel and it didn’t make a lot of difference. I think if I take much more off it will start to pull the side panels around. I haven’t time now to try but wanted to thank you and let you know I was in process of trying.

Joan

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

No worries, that’s what I’m here for! But thanks for the kind reply and I hope you’ll show us how it turns out. xo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.