Oliver + S

Recital dress ideas?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

So many beautiful and clever ideas, maybe there should be a black and white sew along. Only rule: no color. It can be such a sophisticated color palette for the holidays!

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

A monochrome sew-a-long? What a great idea, I’d definitely be in!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

You ladies start it, I’ll join in!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’ve just started my zebra dress. I’ll round up some other pics from Flickr/Pinterest and get an inspiration post up on the blog to get us started. Now, I challenge anyone to come with a monotone/September catchy title!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

When opposites attract? Gah! What a rotten start! I have Michael Jackson’s song in my head now!

It will be fun to see what people come up with. I’ve been inspired already!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

The newspaper project …. Well it is black and white isn’t it?

Or to be musical, the manuscript project?

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

The Monochrome Project…

Off to search for the right B/W to match with the right pattern!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Does it have to be party? Or can we go summer bbq Christmas party casual?

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Oh I think just B & W. :). Maybe grey since monochrome is the spectrum really. Otherwise anything goes.

What if we plan for end of September? Enough time to plan and execute?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

That will give us a bit of time to sort out something. The final week of September is busy for me so the week before would be more convenient. I would say this is an anytime sew along though it would be good to sew along with everyone else.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I’m worried we’ve rather taken over the recital dress topic here!

I’m really looking forward to this, I think it’s a really inclusive theme. It could be sneaky school uniform, so very practical, it could be fancy dress ready for Halloween, it could be a recital dress or it could be something really whimsical. It isn’t that usual to see younger kids wearing black so I think it roll be really interesting to see how people work with it.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

We could turn it toward the recital topic though by incorporating the music theme into it maybe? Or we could one just for that …. maybe?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.