Oliver + S

Pocket Help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Haley Lips @HaleyLips

Hi,
    I am making the Soho Skirt pattern and have a question about the pockets. Because the pocket bag is sewn in first I am having a hard time lining up the pocket on top. I have lined up the curved edges as instructed but am confused on step 5 “Pin the pocket to the shorts/skirt front so the top and side edges are even, and baste the pieces together with a 3/8 seam along the top and side edges.” There seems to be a lot more of the pocket fabric to contend with. Do I just “force” it to match?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

No, no, don’t force! 🙂
    The pocket piece will extend beyond the opening of the pocket to “fill in” the area of the skirt in the top corner.
    I’ve attached a photo of my pattern tracing pieces (from the shorts, but it will be the same).
    In the image the pocket piece is on the bottom, then the pocket bag, then the shorts/skirt front on top. Hopefully you can see how all the notches line up.
    Hope that helps.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Grrr can’t do small images from my phone. Image is uploaded to Flickr. Here’s the link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/79480359@N03/33955580763/in/dateposted-public/

LINK
    Haley Lips @HaleyLips

Thank you for your help!
    onwards and (hopefully) upwards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.